The following conditions apply to your booking and use of the short-term accommodation available at Yea Springs, which is located at 6551 Goulburn Valley Highway, Homewood (Yea) Vic 3717:
A deposit of 50% of the total fee is payable on booking with full balance to be paid at least 14 days prior to arrival.
Arrival and departure
Check in is from 1 pm on the date of arrival. A key safe is located on the wall of the entry deck. The key safe combination number will be texted to you prior to arrival, although we will usually meet you on site to explain the key features.
Check out is by 11 am on the day of departure. On departure please ensure you lock both doors and place the key in the key safe (and lock the key safe by spinning the numbers).
- If you cancel your booking at least 14 days prior to the arrival date you will have the choice of either:
- A full refund of all monies paid OR
- A full credit to stay at another time within the following 12 months.
- If you cancel your booking less than 14 days prior to the arrival date you will still receive a full credit of all monies paid to stay at another time within the following 12 months.
- NOTE: If the cancellation is due to a Government-imposed coronavirus travel restriction the 14 days notice period does not apply and you will have the choice of a full refund or credit.
Number of persons per residence, etc.
- Maximum of 4 persons per residence.
- Not suitable for children under 12 years of age.
- Bookings cannot be transferred to other parties without our consent.
While you’re there
- No excessive noise between 10 pm and 8 am.
- No smoking inside the building(s).
- No extra guests staying overnight above and beyond the numbers you have paid for.
- NO PARTIES – any breach will lead to Police intervention and immediate eviction.
- No pets – we apologise for this one because we are pet lovers ourselves and, eventually, we aim to make Yea Springs a pet-friendly property. It’s just not ready for that yet.
- Any substantial and clearly negligent or deliberate damage of the property or contents will incur the forfeiture of the security bond. If the damage exceeds the bond you may also be held liable for the difference.
What’s NOT to go down the toilet!
As the property has its own very efficient state-of-the-art sewage treatment plant it’s VERY IMPORTANT not to flush certain items down the toilet, such as:
- Tampons & other such sanitary items
- Disposable nappies
- Disposable face/hand wipes
- Paper (other than toilet paper)
All of the above items have the potential to clog the plant’s pumps and prevent it from operating effectively.
Only normal toilet paper is safe to flush. Please place all other items in the bins provided.
Leave it tidy
Subject to the following conditions being met, you will not be charged a cleaning fee. Please:
- Leave the property in a clean and tidy state.
- Remove any extra foods you have placed in the pantry & cupboards, on benches and in the fridge & freezer.
- Remove any food scraps from the oven & microwave.
- Place all rubbish* and recyclables in the external wheelie bins. (* This includes all rubbish from the tidy bins in the kitchen, bathroom & toilet.)
- On departure place all dirty dishes in the dishwasher drawer and turn it on.
- Leave all towels, bath mats, etc ONLY in the bathroom and not in other rooms.
If these conditions are not met a cleaning fee of at least $50 will be charged.
The key opens both the front and side doors. While the doors can be locked and unlocked from the inside without a key, they can only be locked externally by using the key. This means you cannot possibly lock yourself out.
However, we strongly recommend that if you are going out for the day you place the key in the external key safe (and lock the key safe by spinning the dial) so that you avoid the possibility of losing it.
Lost or non-returned keys will incur a charge of $100, as it means we will need to change both door locks after your departure.
And a reminder:
On departure please ensure you lock both doors and place the key in the key safe (and lock the key safe by spinning the numbers on the dial).